Monday 21 April 2014

An Introduction

Hello All.

I could easily start by saying how worried I am to the new and shiny world of blogging but I don't think I will. That'd make me sad and it'd put you off of mine blog which I certainly won't do.

Instead I will tell you about myself. My name is Adam, I am 18 years old and I'm an aspiring writer. I know that that's one of the most common vocations or aspirations for anyone my age but that's not just empty words. Nothing cannot be achieved without work and I will try to work and write and read and rewrite and reread and rereread as often as I can despite having college as a distraction. No; despite having college as an unnecessary drain on my time. Hmm, it is hard to self express sincerely sometimes.

Well, lets just say my priorities are somewhat scrambled in comparison to people my age.

Writing, not learning, is the most important thing in my life at this moment which is what this blog (and this quite pretty notebook which I'll reference a lot) will aim to do; it's why I've called it The Sharpening Stone.

In times of old, before guns were invented and when people actually had measurable fighting skills, people sharpened their swords on large spinning stones in Blacksmith shops and Castle Forges. This is what this blog - hopefully - will do for me: sharpen my sword to cut through the swamp of my imagination and present all the weird and wonderful ideas I have to whoever wants to read them.

So, welcome to my blog dear reader, I hope you and I have some fun together.

No comments:

Post a Comment